Cleaning in geriatric residences or day centers for the elderly constitutes a basic guarantee to assess the type of care and care with which people are treated who, in many cases, are dependent on the operation of the center. Therefore, this type of cleaning has a very important human component to take into account.
Proper cleaning and disinfection of nursing homes has always been of vital importance. Both at the public and private level, protocols established by the competent authorities published on their official pages have been followed. But since March 2020 they have had to be reviewed and hardened due to the risk of the Covid-19 virus by our elders.
From the Ministry of Health, as well as from the health areas of the different Autonomous Communities, they have developed their own documents for the correct elimination of the virus. Aspects such as the order to be carried out, the products, drying, or that the resident is not exposed to cleaning during the process must be taken into account.
Center cleaning protocols
Any nursing home or nursing home must have a cleaning policy so that the workers who carry out these tasks follow a uniform line of work and control of their activity:
- Establish ventilation guidelines: for the different rooms: the objective is to maintain good air quality and reduce the probability of contagion among residents.
- Empty the bins and containers: It is essential that the waste produced, which is abundant, should be handled and disposed of as soon as possible.
- Regular change of bedding: residents may leak urine or any type of secretion depending on their illnesses or special needs, sheets are a weak point in cleaning nursing homes, they need a regular change to maintain the expected hygiene quality.
- Review of possible pests: the residents themselves may be aware of a possible pest but, to anticipate possible pests, it is advisable to carry out an inspection from time to time.
- Cleaning and disinfection of the facilities: this is perhaps the most obvious step of all the previous ones. However, this process is much more complex than it may seem. The appropriate and priority order of this procedure is:
- Cleaning and disinfection of frequently touched surfaces
- Cleaning and disinfection of common and busiest spaces
- Cleaning and disinfection of the collective dining room
- Cleaning and disinfection of vertical and horizontal walls susceptible to contamination
Advantages of having the best professionals in residence disinfection
Knowing the advantages offered by cleaning in nursing homes convinces us of its importance. The better care and maintenance, the more healthy care options exist for residents.
To achieve this goal, you can rely on professional cleaning and disinfection companies. Do not hesitate to contact us and we will provide you with all the necessary information.